Tuesday, July 7, 2009

123456789



I'm fighting to stay awake. I mean how cool will it be when the clock reaches 12:34 and 56 seconds on 7/8/9? I mean really! So what if I have a 7 am flight to Sacramento. So what if I need to be smart and alert and provide thoughtful insight; can't I do that on say 4 hours and 32 minutes of sleep?
On second thought, 12:34:56 7/8/9 will happen a second time.
Perhaps I'll casually mention it in the meeting and then I'll surely impress. But what if I miss it? What if I forget to mention it and then it passes and then I say it and then it will be too late and then I'll look like a dork! But what if I start the meeting by mentioning it and then it won't be too late but what if I mention it and everyone is too intellectual to care and then I look like a dork!

But I don't want to miss it. But I don't want to look like a dork. I'll just set my iPhone alarm and then it will go off precisely at 12:23:on 7/8/9 and then I can say, "Oh I'm sorry, but did you realize that it's 12:34:56 on 7/8/9." And I'll say it real slow like for 56 seconds.

OMG I'm such a dork. I need to go set my alarm.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you are indeed a dork. However, if I hadn't forgotten to charge my phone, I'd be doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete